Wellness & Executive Burnout Programme
No one is immune to the stresses and strains of day-to-day life. Every day, more and more CEOs, entrepreneurs, business owners, and those who work in high-stakes industries, such as finance and medicine, are working excessive hours, trying to live up to impossible standards, and not taking the time to care for themselves.
The effects of this high-impact lifestyle, to which many of us have become accustomed these days, are being felt particularly acutely by high-level professionals, who increasingly report experiencing executive burnout.
Burnout – our body’s response to long-term, unresolved stress – manifests as a state of complete physical, mental, and emotional exhaustion. It can strike at any moment and, if or when it does, you have to put your physical and mental well-being first. Burnout isn’t something that will go away on its own.
In order to fully recover, you need to remove yourself from your usual environment, allow yourself to switch off and, most importantly, learn new coping mechanisms to avoid a repeat in the future.
This is where our Wellness & Executive Burnout Program can help. So, what does it include?
Individualised treatment plans
At White River Manor, our multidisciplinary team has extensive experience in the treatment of burnout and understands the unique strains experienced by successful individuals.
We offer intensive 7, 10, 14, and 21-day Wellness Programs, completely tailored to the unique needs of high-level executives. They pair an individualised combination of therapeutic practices with a complete recharge of the batteries in incomparable surroundings.
Through a combination of talking therapies and consultations with dieticians and personal trainers, we can help get to the root of the problem and help you identify and replace your harmful habits and coping mechanisms – especially around food, exercise, sleep, and rest – with healthier ones.
Varied therapeutic approaches
To help you to reassess your relationship with work and to better manage your stress in the future, at White River Manor we provide a catered combination of the following therapeutic approaches:
- Dialectical Behavioural Therapy (DBT) is a comprehensive and practical psychotherapy approach, particularly effective in the treatment of negative behavioural patterns. DBT teaches four key coping skills: core mindfulness, distress tolerance, emotional regulation, and interpersonal effectiveness.
- Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT) is one of the most commonly used psychotherapy approaches. With CBT, the emphasis is on the present, setting goals, and understanding the connection between our thoughts, emotions, and behaviours in order to develop alternative, more positive ways of thinking.
- Psychodynamic Therapy is particularly effective for treating depression, anxiety, panic disorders, and physical symptoms of stress. It assumes that chronic problems are rooted in the unconscious mind – as a result of early-life experiences – and must be brought to light for catharsis to occur. A therapist will help you explore your emotions, thoughts, and beliefs to identify recurring, dysfunctional patterns that have developed over time.
- Person-Centred Therapy – also known as Rogerian Therapy – sees the therapist empower and motivate you to harness your own natural powers of self-healing. It is effective in increasing self-acceptance and self-esteem, encouraging personal growth and self-expression, minimising negative feelings (such as defensiveness, regret, guilt, and insecurity), and inspiring better understanding and trust in oneself.
- Music & Art Therapy is incredibly beneficial for those who struggle with expressing their emotions in words. It is a gentle and creative approach that assists with self-discovery and/or deep-seated issues that have conditioned our behaviour over time.
- Enneagram Personality Assessment is a powerful and dynamic tool, based on ancient wisdom traditions, for better understanding ourselves and others. It is a personality system that aims to shed light on the connections between our emotions and how they drive our behaviours.
- Eye Movement Desensitisation and Reprocessing Therapy (EMDR) is used to interrupt negative thought pathways through a combination of guided bilateral eye movements and memory recall. It stimulates the brain in ways that help it work through unhealed memories and the emotions, thoughts, and body sensations attached to them.
- Mindfulness Therapy. Mindfulness forms an integral part of Dialectical Therapy and complements Cognitive Therapy by creating a deeper degree of awareness, which is often the catalyst for change.
- Solution-Focused Therapy is a future-oriented, goal-directed therapy that places emphasis on finding solutions rather than analysing problems. Through honest self-evaluation, harmful behaviours are challenged, and negative beliefs are reframed into rational thoughts. In addition, self-esteem is reinforced through affirmations, compliments, goal setting, gratitude, and validation.
- Positive Psychotherapy (PPT) is a relatively new therapeutic approach influenced by humanistic and psychodynamic approaches. Its core focus is on shifting our perspective from what is ‘wrong’ towards what is good and positive. This can lead to astounding shifts in well-being, a greater sense of inner balance, and maximising our potential for happiness.
- Group Therapy plays a key role in all of our programs. Unlike individual therapy sessions, group therapy offers the opportunity to interact with others with similar issues in a safe, supportive environment. Participants can try out new behaviours, role-play scenarios, and engage with others to give and receive valuable feedback and insight.
Our Wellness Programmes take a holistic approach, combining a perfect balance of therapeutic techniques and treatments, to guarantee deep transformational healing and ensure restoration of your mind, body and soul.
Recharge the whole body
At White River Manor, we know that striking the right balance doesn’t only concern your mental, emotional, and spiritual well-being. Your physical health is also vitally important. This is why we adopt a holistic approach to care.
Our wellness retreats are a perfect opportunity to get back in shape and look after your body. Not only do we have a fully-equipped private gym, but our location in the heart of South Africa also presents many opportunities to get outside and active.
On our premises, you can relax in the pool; take in the warm, sunny climate on a walk in our lush, 21-hectare gardens; follow any of our extensive trails; or get your blood pumping while out mountain biking, horse riding or playing golf or tennis.
Luxury five-star accommodation
Here we pride ourselves on providing the ultimate exclusive luxury experience. Your comfort is our priority. We ensure that guests, no matter how discerning, are always well-rested – an essential element of burnout treatment.
Whether you prefer a private garden with a plunge pool, an outdoor courtyard, a lounge, or a private outdoor shower, we offer a range of five-star accommodation options.
All rooms are serviced daily and turned down in the evenings as you relax after the day’s activities. A full laundry service will also be available throughout your stay.
Enjoy an African adventure
Our Wellness Program at White River Manor is the perfect tonic for burnout; you can get the help you need for lasting change while, at the same time, getting to explore the best that South Africa has to offer.
Your time with us will be much more than just a wellness experience – it will be a full African adventure. Experience an elephant encounter, discover the breathtaking views on the Panoramic Tour, or enjoy the excitement of a Kruger Park safari while you recharge and recover – at a fraction of the cost of recovery centres in Europe and America.
Eat healthy, be healthy
We firmly believe that good nutrition is an essential part of healing and recovery. Every day White River Manor’s professional chefs prepare a variety of fresh meal options for a balanced and healthy diet to satisfy the most demanding palates.
We have an à la carte menu of gourmet meals and classic fine foods with options matched to your specific dietary requirements.
We also have a well-stocked milk bar, café, and delicatessen offering coffee, pastries, and freshly prepared snacks.
Relax and treat yourself
During any stay at White River Manor, we will always strive to ensure that all your focus remains on your recovery.
That said, we also understand that high-level professionals cannot completely turn their back on their responsibilities back home. That’s why all guests can access free Wi-Fi and use their mobile phones at designated times.
And what would a wellness experience be without a little pampering? Treat yourself, recharge, and relax… get a full-body massage, facials, manicures, pedicures, and much more at our on-site spa.
Complete the form below to contact the team at White River Manor
White River Manor, the ultimate recovery destination
If our Wellness Program sounds exactly what your body and mind need to shake off burnout and get back to your old self, don’t hesitate to get in touch with us.
We’re here and ready to help you restore your energy, purpose, and motivation, fully prepared to return to your old life, and equipped with all the tools you need to stay on the right track for the long term.