Your journey to recovery begins here! Accepting that you need help is the first stage of freeing yourself from dependency.
Dependency, whether that comes in the form of a substance addiction, such as to drugs or alcohol, or a process addiction like gambling or sex, can have a devastating effect on your life if left untreated.
At White River Manor, we can help free you from the shackles of addiction.
Guided by an experienced team of highly qualified therapists, each client receives a tailor-made treatment plan – typically between 28 to 120 days – to suit their specific needs and therapeutic requirements.
Set in luxury surroundings, with state-of-the-art facilities, our world-class holistic dependency program combines a perfect balance of therapeutic techniques and treatments to guarantee deep transformational healing and a life-changing experience.
So, what does our program include?
Intensive individualised therapy
White River Manor has adopted its own signature style to treating addiction, which provides a more holistic approach compared to traditional 12-Step Programs (though we also offer the 12-Step Program if the client requests it).
Our multi-disciplinary specialist team will work with you to create a truly individualised therapeutic plan created around your personal preferences and therapeutic requirements.
Individual therapy is a key part of this and involves daily one-to-one sessions with our professional therapists bound by the highest standards of confidentiality to ensure a deep level of trust.
We use a combination of therapeutic techniques and treatments, including elements from the 12-Step Program, that are customised to your needs in order to ensure the very best long-term results. These include:
- Dialectical Behavioural Therapy (DBT). This is a comprehensive and practical psychotherapy approach, particularly effective in the treatment of complex mental health disorders and behavioural issues – such as trauma, substance use disorder and depression. DBT teaches four key coping skills: core mindfulness, distress tolerance, emotional regulation and interpersonal effectiveness.
- Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT) is one of the most commonly used for the treatment of addiction, anxiety, phobias, depression and sleep disorders. With CBT, the emphasis is on the present, setting goals and understanding the connection between our thoughts, emotions and behaviours in order to develop alternative, more positive ways of thinking.
- Mindfulness Therapy. Mindfulness forms an integral part of Dialectical Therapy and complements Cognitive Therapy by creating a deeper degree of awareness, which is often the catalyst for change.
- Trauma-Specific Therapy (TST) is a unique therapy approach in which you explore how trauma is having lasting, adverse effects on your mental, physical, emotional and spiritual well-being. Therapists will utilize a variety of approaches, in combination with CBT and DBT, to address your trauma condition, trauma-related symptoms and any associated underlying issues, such as substance abuse.
- Solution-Focused Therapy is a future-oriented, goal-directed therapy that places the emphasis on finding solutions rather than exploring and analysing the problems themselves. Through honest self-evaluation, harmful behaviours are challenged, and negative beliefs are reframed into rational thoughts. Self-esteem is reinforced through affirmations, compliments, goal setting, gratitude and validation.
- Eye Movement Desensitisation and Reprocessing Therapy (EMDR) uses a combination of memory recall and therapy with guided bilateral eye movements to interrupt negative thought pathways. It stimulates the brain in ways that help it to work through unhealed memories – and the emotions, thoughts and body sensations attached to them.
- Adult-Child Therapy is a specialised program developed to help adults address feelings of depression, anxiety, low self-esteem and feelings of shame that may stem from childhood. It is a hugely beneficial therapy for those who grew up in the care of a narcissist, depressed, workaholic, mentally unstable and/or neglectful parent.
- Pastoral or spiritual counselling is available with our certified pastoral counsellor, who is a mental health professional with in-depth religious and theological training. This offers a safe refuge and respite from judgment, so you can seek and receive forgiveness and reconcile your behaviour with your spiritual values.
Group therapy is a key part of our dependency program.
Unlike individual therapy sessions, group therapy offers the opportunity to interact with others with similar issues in a safe, supportive environment.
Participants can try out new behaviours, role-play scenarios, and engage with others to give and receive valuable feedback and insight.
At White River Manor, we find that treatment of dependency and dual diagnosis is significantly more effective when family and close friends are involved in the recovery process.
We can facilitate on-site or remote sessions where a specialist trained in family therapy can create a safe space to facilitate a calm and constructive family discussion. They can also inform them about reintegration following treatment.
Although we encourage family attendance at support groups, this remains entirely your own choice. It is treated with utmost discretion too.
Read more about Family Therapy.
The grounds at White River Manor are the perfect setting for rest, relaxation and recovery.
Whether at our luxury health spa or in our lush manicured garden areas, you can easily practice relaxation techniques such as mindfulness, yoga and meditation or get involved with some of the various activities we organize for guests.
Music and art therapies, for example, are incredibly therapeutic and helpful to those who struggle with expressing their emotions. The creative process of producing art, whether through music, painting, sculpture or dance, is a gentle and creative approach that assists with self-discovery and/or deep-seated issues.
Healthy eating and active living
Our dependency program is not only about working on your mental health; your physical health can benefit massively from a stay at White River Manor.
We believe nutrition is an essential component of healing and recovery, so every day, our professional chef prepares a variety of fresh meal options for a balanced and healthy diet.
There are also plenty of options for you to get active. We have a full-service on-site gym and offer a range of activities, including golf, horse-riding, tennis, nature walks, trail running and mountain biking.
For the more daring, we also offer quad biking, white-water rafting, zip lining, and gorge swinging, to name but a few.
Aftercare & Support
Recovery is a proactive lifestyle designed to help you manage negative thoughts and emotions that may trigger destructive behaviours. Therefore, once primary treatment is complete, having a personalised, effective aftercare plan is integral to recovery success.
We help to create a healthy support structure that will help to ensure that you maintain motivation and momentum as you transition back to everyday life.
Rather than simply focusing on what not to do, we instead aim to help you create the lifestyle that you desire – a life worth living.
To help, we will refer you to a range of services or suitable professionals to ensure you have the highest level of support for the duration of your recovery journey.
Read more about Aftercare & Support.
Give yourself the best chance of recovery!
In order to give yourself the best chance of recovery and for us to be able to create a personalised recovery plan, it’s important that your psychological state, including existing mental health conditions or other concurrent conditions, has been evaluated.
That’s why all guests who come to White River Manor must have previously undergone a psychiatric evaluation and arrive with a referral.
During our initial phone assessment with you, we may also ask you about your substance use and medical history, as well as about your education, work, lifestyle, family, social life etc., as necessary.
Depending on your condition, we may also be able to help with your medical needs and ensure that your detoxification is being monitored at our specialist partner facility nearby.
The detox process can take anywhere from three to 14 days, and it’s important to cleanse your body under expert supervision in order to successfully tackle any unpleasant withdrawal symptoms and start on the road to recovery in the best way possible.
If you think our dependency program is just what you need, get in touch with us now!
Complete the form below to contact the team at White River Manor
Contact us today for a no-obligation conversation. Your enquiries will be treated confidentially and with respect.